Recipe by kittycatmom
This recipe features a surprise ingredient–green grapes–that add the just-right amount of sweetness to the simple, two-step pasta dinner. Serve with pan-grilled asparagus
- 6 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons capers (or 2 teaspoons chopped green olives)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, grapes, and basil in a large bowl.
- While pasta cooks, combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil to vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle vinaigrette over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Add cheese; toss to combine.
- (Pan-grilled asparagus: Combine 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1 pound trimmed asparagus. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add asparagus to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, turning once.).