Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is real comfort food and a bit healthy!! A Wolfgang Puck recipe and it is a complete meal or side dish to fee more people. This is about three or four different recipes if done "The Chef Way" or my version. Wine Pairing: Look for the freshness of a Sauvignon Blanc from Sancere or New Zealand to accompany this pasta. Goldwater’s Dog Point or Villa Maria are both excellent and affordable wines that are perfect accompaniments. :)
- 2 tablespoons oven dried tomatoes flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (you can buy already roasted)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground white pepper
- 2 ounces French haricots vert or 2 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 carrot, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- 12 asparagus, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, & some for serving
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the flavored oil.
- Add the roasted garlic, butter, tomatoes, and stock.
- Season with the oregano, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, salt, and pepper, and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, blanch all the vegetables, each type individually, in simmering salted water, about 1 minute.
- Refresh in cold water, drain well, and set aside.
- When the sauce has been reduced, add the vegetables and stir to heat through.
- Add salt to the pot of boiling water and cook the bow ties until they are al dente, following the directions on the package.
- Drain the pasta and stir it into the sauce, coating well.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the grated cheese.
- To serve, divide the pasta and vegetables among 4 large warm plates or bowls.
- Sprinkle each serving with some of the remaining chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Additional Parmesan cheese can be grated onto the dish after serving.