Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe only has six ingredients, It is easy, and fast to make. The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens. Enjoy
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 3⁄4 lb fresh hot Italian sausage
- 2 medium red peppers or 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the sausage into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and sweet peppers over medium-high heat until sausage is brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Add broth and black pepper to skillet.
- bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well.
- Toss pasta with sausage mixture and sniped parsley.
I really wanted to like this recipe, but found it quite bland. I jazzed it up with some spicy Mrs. Dash, some extra beef broth, but it's just not worth the trouble. I won't make it again.
This is a really good, fast weeknight dinner. I also got it from Better Homes, and have been making it fairly regularly for a couple of years!