Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
Pasta and spicy Italian sausage... can life get any better then this? Yes, but only if you end this meal with a rich chocolate dessert! We like things a bit spicy at our house, but if you prefer something a bit milder, you can always use mild or sweet Italian sausage as I'm sure the dish will turn out just as good.
Top Review by Boomette
I used mild veal italian sausages and a sweet red bell pepper. I used chicken broth. I used small shells. It was a great meal. Just a few ingredients but so much flavors. My son loved it. Thanks Chef Buggsy Mate :) Made for the Australian January 2011 swap
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 3⁄4 lb fresh hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium sweet pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth (beef or chicken broth works too)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut sausage into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet cook sausage and peppers over med-high heat until sausage is brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Add broth & pepper to skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and toss with sausage mixture.