Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
So quick and easy, but your guests will think you spent hours on this rich flavourful sauce. My sons favourite pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over med heat.
- Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle each serving with parsley.
This is a nice tasty, quick, and easy meal to make. The only thing I did different was I added a bit of freshly grated Parmesan cheese into the mixture the last few minutes of cooking. Thanks for posting this recipe StreetChef. :)
Very good and easy to prepare. Delicious!