Recipe by Paul in Owens Cross Roads
Working on a description. This is a recipe Lynn gave me. She cooked it for me one night and it was wonderful.
Top Review by surus
I have made this twice now. The first time I made it as written except for using regular tomatoes. It had good flavor but was a bit dry. I made it again recently with a few changes. I still used 3-4 regular tomatoes cut into wedges but added 1/4 C. of olive oil and 4-5 cloves of garlic cut into strips. I sprinkled this generously with lemon pepper, salt, thyme and oregano. After the tomatoes roasted I added 1/4 C. of butter, the aspapragus and shrimp in the shell. I stirred this a couple of times while it roasted for 10 min. I think next time I will put the asparagus in 5 min. ahead of the shrimp as it was crunchier than we like. I baked this in a pretty casserole dish and my husband and I ate it on the dock with a loaf of crusty Italian bread for dunking (skipped the pasta) and a bottle of red wine. Perfection!
- 12 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 small head of garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thin asparagus
- 2 lbs large shrimp (de-veined and peeled)
- 3⁄4 cup bow tie pasta
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Inlarge roasting pan toss tomatoes with 2 tsp olive oil and grinding of pepper.
- Slice off the top 1/2 in of garlic and discard. Peel off loose skin. Wrap in aluminum foil and add to roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 min without stirring until tomatoes are wrinkled and beginning to brown.
- Scatter the asparagus and shrimp over tomatoes.
- Roast for 10 min or until cooked.
- Remove garlic from pan, unwrap and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cover pan to keep warm.
- Cook pasta about 8 minutes.
- Seperate the garlic cloves and squeese out the soft pulp, mash to a paste with the flat side of knife.
- Drain pasta, add remaining 2 tsp olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper, tossing to cover pasta evenly.
- Transfer to roasting pan, toss gently to combine.