Bow Ties With Roasted Eggplant and Three Cheeses
- Heat covered 4 qt saucepan of salted water to boiling.
- Preheat broiler.
- Rub garlic, whole red pepper and eggplant halves with oil;place in broiling pan (without rack); place pan in broiler about 4 inches from heat& broil vegs until garlic is lightly browned (about 8 min), skin on pepper is blistered and charred and eggplant is fork tender (about 14 min), turning vegs occasionally& removing them as they are done; do not turn broiler off.
- Cool vegs and peel off skin from pepper; cut pepper in half& discard seeds& stem; peel eggplant& cut into 1/2 inch dice; place in large bowl.
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, in covered blender pulse pepper, garlic and dried tomato until pureed; add puree, mozzarella, cream, basil and 3/4 cup parmesan to eggplant in bowl.
- Drain pasta; add to eggplant mixture, stirring to coat evenly; spoon pasta mixture into broiler safe baking dish; dot with ricotta& sprinkle with remaining parmesan; place baking dish in broiler about 4 inches from heat& broil 6 minutes or until ricotta is browned& sauce is bubbling.