Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so good. I made it for dinner last night and I'm still drooling!!!!
Make and share this Bow Ties With Roasted Eggplant and Three Cheeses recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 small eggplant, cut lengthwise in half (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, but into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 10 medium basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- Heat covered 4 qt saucepan of salted water to boiling.
- Preheat broiler.
- Rub garlic, whole red pepper and eggplant halves with oil;place in broiling pan (without rack); place pan in broiler about 4 inches from heat& broil vegs until garlic is lightly browned (about 8 min), skin on pepper is blistered and charred and eggplant is fork tender (about 14 min), turning vegs occasionally& removing them as they are done; do not turn broiler off.
- Cool vegs and peel off skin from pepper; cut pepper in half& discard seeds& stem; peel eggplant& cut into 1/2 inch dice; place in large bowl.
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, in covered blender pulse pepper, garlic and dried tomato until pureed; add puree, mozzarella, cream, basil and 3/4 cup parmesan to eggplant in bowl.
- Drain pasta; add to eggplant mixture, stirring to coat evenly; spoon pasta mixture into broiler safe baking dish; dot with ricotta& sprinkle with remaining parmesan; place baking dish in broiler about 4 inches from heat& broil 6 minutes or until ricotta is browned& sauce is bubbling.
This recipe is so GOOD! I have made it several times and my whole family loves it. We add grilled chicken to it and bit more garlic. But this is a great find! Thanks!
perfectly fantastic! my family loved it!
This made for a fabulous dinner. It was very simple to prepare, and tasted very fresh and flavorful. We really enjoyed this and will make it again. I used 4 cloves of garlic ;)