1/1 Photo of Bow Ties With Roasted Eggplant and Three Cheeses
Boca Pat's Note:
This is so good. I made it for dinner last night and I'm still drooling!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 small eggplant, cut lengthwise in half (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, but into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 10 medium basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1Heat covered 4 qt saucepan of salted water to boiling.
- 2Preheat broiler.
- 3Rub garlic, whole red pepper and eggplant halves with oil;place in broiling pan (without rack); place pan in broiler about 4 inches from heat& broil vegs until garlic is lightly browned (about 8 min), skin on pepper is blistered and charred and eggplant is fork tender (about 14 min), turning vegs occasionally& removing them as they are done; do not turn broiler off.
- 4Cool vegs and peel off skin from pepper; cut pepper in half& discard seeds& stem; peel eggplant& cut into 1/2 inch dice; place in large bowl.
- 5Cook pasta in boiling water.
- 6While pasta is cooking, in covered blender pulse pepper, garlic and dried tomato until pureed; add puree, mozzarella, cream, basil and 3/4 cup parmesan to eggplant in bowl.
- 7Drain pasta; add to eggplant mixture, stirring to coat evenly; spoon pasta mixture into broiler safe baking dish; dot with ricotta& sprinkle with remaining parmesan; place baking dish in broiler about 4 inches from heat& broil 6 minutes or until ricotta is browned& sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Ties With Roasted Eggplant and Three Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.8
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Sodium 660.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 34.2 g