Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect for the kids. But for me I'd need to add some onions.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken, coarsely chopped or 2 cups precooked diced chicken
- 10 ounces frozen peas, defrosted
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions.
- Put pasta into a casserole dish.
- Add chicken, peas, soup, milk, rosemary, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly but gently.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned.
A very nice kid-friendly meal; with simple flavors and is easy to make. Great use for left-over roast chicken. Thanks.
This is a great family-friendly meal, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. I recently made it for my moms' recipe club and it was a hit! I make this fairly regularly, except I usually substitute the lower fat soup to save some fat and calories.
BF called this dish boring, un-inspired and he'd prefer my chicken pot pie over this stuff...yeah, he's pretty decisive about what he likes ;)