Bow Ties With Chicken and Asiago Cheese Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir just until mixed.
- Add the evaporated milk, regular milk and chicken broth and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the Asiago cheese, stirring just until the cheese melts smoothly into the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, preferably non-stick, skillet. Add the cubed chicken, parsley and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is opaque and cooked through — 8 to 10 minutes. Add the Asiago sauce and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the bow tie pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy.
- Drain well in a colander, then return pasta to the pot and add the chicken and Asiago sauce. Toss to combine and serve immediately, with additional grated Asiago cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
- If making ahead, transfer the sauce to a covered container and refrigerate. When you are ready to serve dinner, place sauce in a large saucepan and heat very gently over low heat, stirring often. Don’t let it boil.