1/3 Photos of Bow Ties With Chicken and Asiago Cheese Sauce
This is an easy but elegant meal, very similar to one served at the favorite Italian joint. My DS loves this one!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (low fat or regular)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir just until mixed.
- 2Add the evaporated milk, regular milk and chicken broth and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and begins to simmer.
- 3Remove from heat and add the Asiago cheese, stirring just until the cheese melts smoothly into the sauce. Set aside.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a large, preferably non-stick, skillet. Add the cubed chicken, parsley and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is opaque and cooked through — 8 to 10 minutes. Add the Asiago sauce and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the bow tie pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy.
- 6Drain well in a colander, then return pasta to the pot and add the chicken and Asiago sauce. Toss to combine and serve immediately, with additional grated Asiago cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
- 7If making ahead, transfer the sauce to a covered container and refrigerate. When you are ready to serve dinner, place sauce in a large saucepan and heat very gently over low heat, stirring often. Don’t let it boil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Ties With Chicken and Asiago Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.9
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.7 mg
- Sodium 393.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: