Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy but elegant meal, very similar to one served at the favorite Italian joint. My DS loves this one!!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (low fat or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir just until mixed.
- Add the evaporated milk, regular milk and chicken broth and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the Asiago cheese, stirring just until the cheese melts smoothly into the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, preferably non-stick, skillet. Add the cubed chicken, parsley and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is opaque and cooked through — 8 to 10 minutes. Add the Asiago sauce and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the bow tie pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy.
- Drain well in a colander, then return pasta to the pot and add the chicken and Asiago sauce. Toss to combine and serve immediately, with additional grated Asiago cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
- If making ahead, transfer the sauce to a covered container and refrigerate. When you are ready to serve dinner, place sauce in a large saucepan and heat very gently over low heat, stirring often. Don’t let it boil.
absolutely perfecto!!!! Delicious, easy to make and tastes like you got it at a fancy Italian Restaurant!!!!!! THANKS
Great!! Wonderful flavor and so easy to prepare. The entire family loved it. We served it with steamed asparagus on the side - but it seems like broccoli, spinach or asparagus could even be incorporated in the sauce for an extra special dish. I can see why Starrynews placed this in her favorites for 2009 because it's so quick and delicious that we'll add this to our "family favorites" file. Thanks Charmie777!
This was SO yummy! We loved it. We both downed the left overs the very next day-we would have liked a thicker sauce, but the can be played with. but very great recipe!