Recipe by Marie
A very tasty, creamy pasta dish that is so easy and quick to prepare. Have dinner on the table in 25 minutes from start to finish.
Top Review by Malriah
This was quick and easy. I only made one change. I used asiago cheese instead of the parmesan. Next time, I might try other veggies like broccoli or asparagus tips. Also, I might try sauteing the prosciutto and garlic first. Thanks for a tasty, quick dinner!
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bow ties according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, stir together the evaporated milk and flour, then add basil and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, then add peas, prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted, but do not boil.
- Pour over cooked pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Adjust salt and pepper seasonings to taste and garnish with additional fresh basil.