Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very tasty, creamy pasta dish that is so easy and quick to prepare. Have dinner on the table in 25 minutes from start to finish.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook bow ties according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, stir together the evaporated milk and flour, then add basil and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, then add peas, prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted, but do not boil.
- Pour over cooked pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Adjust salt and pepper seasonings to taste and garnish with additional fresh basil.
This was quick and easy. I only made one change. I used asiago cheese instead of the parmesan. Next time, I might try other veggies like broccoli or asparagus tips. Also, I might try sauteing the prosciutto and garlic first. Thanks for a tasty, quick dinner!
I made this tonight using half-and-half instead of the evaporated milk and broccoli instead of the peas. (I needed to use those things from my fridge.) I must second the vote that this was quick and easy. I downsized the amounts of everything and served it as a hearty side dish to our meal.