- 4 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Using a skillet, fry the bacon until crisp; remove bacon and drain off all but 1 T fat.
- Saute onions in bacon fat until golden brown.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Stir tomato into onion with 1/4 cup water, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste; simmer for 5 minutes; stir in reserved bacon and parsley.
- Add sauce and parmesan to pasta and toss to coat.