Bow-Ties With Bacon and Tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, pasta (farfalle, 6oz)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until bacon is brown.Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, uncooked pasta and pepper. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium until pasta is tender and mixture is as think as you like.