Recipe by Chilicat
This is a simple but flavorful pasta with just a hint of cream in the tomato-based sauce. It's great for those nights when you're pressed for time.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Very good and fast to prepare when not too much time is available. I had everything on hand and followed the directions exactly. I used fresh parsley as I don't like the dried. :)
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12" skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until browned. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat and cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes and liquid, sugar, salt, & pepper. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Meanwhile, cook bowtie pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir cream and parsley into tomato mixture; heat through (do not boil or mixture may curdle).
- To serve, spoon sauce over pasta, sprinkle with bacon and toss.