Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tastes like it took forever, but really it didn't!! I got this recipe froma recipe swap and was sure glad I got it.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ornge juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 small red bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 can whole baby corn, drained
- fresh ground pepper
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Stir the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, orange juice and mustard in a shallow dish.
- Add the chicken and toss until all of the pieces are coated.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Cook chicken and marinade over medium heat until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the chicken broth, vegeatable broth or white wine.
- Prepare pasta until tender, but not soft.
- Drain and then Return the pasta to the pot, add the chicken, the red peppers and the scallions, onion and baby corn.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through.
- Toss the pasta once or twice and sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve and sprinkle with sesame seeds if you choose.
I made this with the wine and added mushrooms and red bell pepper. I did not use all the onion or the corn or pasta just put it over rice. It came out fairly good needed some corn starch to thicken the sauce up.