Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was on a couple of Italian Cooking and Living websites and I took some from each and I made this. It was really great and a wonderful change from the usual.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta or 1 lb farfalline pasta
- salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 small ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup string bean, steamed and sliced
- 10 ounces tuna in water or 10 ounces tuna packed in oil, drained
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, garnish
- Bring 5 quarts of water to boil, add salt and bowties or farfalline or any other small pasta.
- Cook until al dente, about 6 minutes.
- Drain and place in large bowl.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, stir in artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, and string beans.
- Toss well.
- Add tuna crumbled with a fork.
- Season with salt, freshly ground pepper, onion & garlic powder, Italian seasoning and remaining olive oil.
- Toss and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
I'm glad I found this recipe, as I was craving some tuna casserole, and this is much better for you. I don't really like olives so I left them out, but next time I will substitute something... I could see where the olive taste was "missing." But that was my own fault. This made a nice dinner with a bit of green salad on the side. Thanks!