Recipe by Denise in NH
A casserole your family will love.
Top Review by *Pixie*
I didn't have any taco seasoning, so I used lots of chili powder (I do like spicy), a bit of onion and garlic powders and a touch of oregano. I used wide egg noodles instead of bow-ties and threw in some diced green onions and diced fresh tomato that needed to be used. What can I say, gotta clean the fridge, LOL! OK, I'm Canadian, so I used old Canadian cheddar instead of the Jack cheese. Did I mention that I do things like this to any recipe I try? Anyway, it was great. I'll definitely keep this one! Thanks
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 2 (70.87 g) package taco seasoning mix
- 118.29 ml diced green pepper
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes (I use Contadina Roasted Garlic)
- 453.59 g bow tie pasta
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese, cheese
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef& ground pork; drain.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and green pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook Bow Tie pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Combine pasta with 1 cup of the cheese and sour cream.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Pour the pasta into the baking dish; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes.