Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A casserole your family will love.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use Contadina Roasted Garlic)
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef& ground pork; drain.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and green pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook Bow Tie pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Combine pasta with 1 cup of the cheese and sour cream.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Pour the pasta into the baking dish; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes.
I didn't have any taco seasoning, so I used lots of chili powder (I do like spicy), a bit of onion and garlic powders and a touch of oregano. I used wide egg noodles instead of bow-ties and threw in some diced green onions and diced fresh tomato that needed to be used. What can I say, gotta clean the fridge, LOL! OK, I'm Canadian, so I used old Canadian cheddar instead of the Jack cheese. Did I mention that I do things like this to any recipe I try? Anyway, it was great. I'll definitely keep this one! Thanks
We liked this very much. I used Penne pasta instead and I used 2 lbs of ground beed rather than 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of pork. It had great flavor and was easy to prepare. Thanks for posting.
What a simple, easy, and tasty casserole! I whipped this casserole up prior to leaving for soccer practice, and popped it into the oven when we got home. This is a nice hearty casserole with lots of flavorful meat. There is just enough cheese mixed with the noodles to bind them together so that you can serve it in slices like lasagna. The only changes that I made to the recipe were to add 1/2 cup of finely diced onion, and to use shredded cheddar cheese (didn't have monterey jack cheese). My DH loved the bow-tie noodles for a nice big bite of noodle but not like having a lasagna noodle. Thanks so much for sharing, this is a keeper in our house!