Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perky pasta salad with grilled veggies. Pefect for a cookout, or as an interesting side dish salad. I make this almost every time we have a barbeque.
- 2 cups cooked red beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing vegetables
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 1 small onion
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 large zucchini
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Mix together the beans, 2 tablespoons.
- olive oil, and vinegar, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Cook the pasta, drain it, and rinse until cool.
- Toss the pasta with the bean mixture.
- Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper, and enough vinaigrette to moisten.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Parboil the onion.
- Cut the onion and tomatoes into quarters and cut the zucchini into 1-inch chunks.
- Brush the vegetables with olive oil and place on skewers.
- Grill, turning often, until lightly charred.
- Chop the vegetables, toss them into the pasta salad, add the basil, and serve.
WOW!!!! I loved this. This will be made a lot this summer. When hubby is grilling I will have him throw the veggies on the grill for me then I will make it for me to have over the next few days. YUMMY!!