Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from the SOS column of the LA Times years ago when we lived in CA. It came from Salvio's Ristorante in Glendora. Except for the chicken stock which could be substituted with vegetable stock, this is vegetarian. I think you could substitute Mexican crema for the cream and a sharp Mexican cheese for the parmesan. It is an easy dish to prepare and has a nice blend of flavors.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bow tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 3 anaheim chilies, chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup crushed blue corn tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water and drain.
- In large skillet melt butter.
- Add garlic and onion; sauté until tender but not brown.
- Add wine and cook until reduced to glaze.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and chilies and cook 1 minute.
- Add corn, cilantro and chicken stock.
- Cook over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Add tortilla chips and cream.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss with sauce and cheese to blend.