Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This meatless dish is fast, easy, healthy and very tasty. A great work night meal.
- 10 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 small zucchini, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly crosswise
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces soft mild goat cheese, cut or crumbled into pieces
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente; drain reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Saute zucchini in hot oil over medium heat until golden around edges; add salt and pepper to taste; add pasta and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in cheese and enough of the reserved cooking water to make a sauce; add tomato and basil; adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
Very good! I didn't change a thing! Thanks, Sugarpea!
Thanks for sharing this recipe! My daughter absolutely loved it too and she can be a bit fussy sometimes. We added onions and garlic too and used a mature cheese.
Used Gorgonzola and dried basil (because our basil didn't produce). Spouse says this is a keeper. Great way to use summer produce!