Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great little lunch.
Make and share this Bow Tie Pasta With Watercress and Avocado Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch watercress, stalks removed
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachios
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan.
- Mash one avocado and combine with lemon juice and cream cheese.
- Add watercress and sauté until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add mashed avocado mixture to pan.
- Stir gently until heated through. Do not allow to boil or sauce may separate.
- Add cooked pasta to avocado sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the remaining avocado into cubes.
- Add diced avocado and pistachios to pasta and mix gently.
This was really easy to put together. The color was amazing, such a pretty green from the avocado and watercress. The only change was I used toasted pinenuts. I thought it would be very flavorful because of the great ingredients but it was a little bland. A whole tsp of salt helped. Maybe zesting a lemon would kick it up a bit. I'll make this again, with slight adjustments, because it's an interesting recipe. Thanks LittleWing.