Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy low fat recipe.
- 3 links hot Italian turkey sausage (Shadybrook farms)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 6 ounces barilla plus bow tie pasta (or other shape)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- When hot, add spinach and garlic and cook just until the spinach wilts.
- Remove spinach and set aside.
- Spray pan again with cooking spray and add chopped zucchini.
- Cook just until zucchini starts to soften.
- Remove and set aside.
- Remove casing from sausage.
- Spray pan again with cooking spray and brown sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add stewed tomatoes to cooked sausage and break up large pieces.
- Add zucchini, spinach, black pepper, crushed red pepper and soy milk.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to skillet.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.