Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy low fat recipe.
Make and share this Bow Tie Pasta With Turkey Sausage and Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 3 links hot Italian turkey sausage (Shadybrook farms)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 6 ounces barilla plus bow tie pasta (or other shape)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- When hot, add spinach and garlic and cook just until the spinach wilts.
- Remove spinach and set aside.
- Spray pan again with cooking spray and add chopped zucchini.
- Cook just until zucchini starts to soften.
- Remove and set aside.
- Remove casing from sausage.
- Spray pan again with cooking spray and brown sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add stewed tomatoes to cooked sausage and break up large pieces.
- Add zucchini, spinach, black pepper, crushed red pepper and soy milk.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to skillet.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.