Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is from www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com.
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread, spread
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta or 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread over medium-high heat and cook tomatoes and garlic, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Add cream and bring just to a boil.
- Stir in hot bow ties, cheese, basil and, if desired, salt and ground black pepper to taste; heat through.
- Serve, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
I used a beef stake tomato and whole-wheat linguine in this recipe and it was good. I think it needed a veggie for bulk so I'll add something next time.
I think this would be great with some boneless chicken thrown in! Yum! Can't wait to try it!