Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on the Food Network website. Very simple and flavorful.
Make and share this Bow Tie Pasta With Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to season
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, coarsley chopped
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted peppers and cook until the garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Crush the tomatoes through your fingers into the pot; stir in their juices, sugar, the 1 teaspoon salt, and season with pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the herbs, cover, and set aside for about 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat.
- Salt the water generously, add the pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- Drain, saving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Before serving, add the vinegar to the sauce.
- Add the drained pasta to the tomato sauce and toss. Thin with a little pasta water, if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide among 4 warm serving bowls. Pass the grated cheese, if desired, at the table.