Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Fabulous, quick and tasty pasta dish. I make this often and my husband inhales this (it is a sight to behold, let me tell you). Serve with a big loaf of garlic bread and your guests will be in heaven. It serves 4 people (well, normal people- my husband can eat more than half of this himself) but you can easily double for a larger crowd.
Top Review by mary winecoff
Everyone adored this dish and we ate and ate and ate! This makes a lot (I believe for at least 6). We added some capers and sun dried tomatoes to the dish. The flaming of the vodka was very cool to my boys. Thanks for a great dish. Will make again soon. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons purple onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (or more)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, flaked into chunks
- 4 -6 ounces vodka (start with 4 the first time and adjust up if you like more next time)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. DO NOT ever add oil to the water! It will make the sauce slide off the pasta later.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onion starts to sweat and soften. Add salmon and cook until it starts to cook a little, about 2-3 minutes. Add vodka and flame off alcohol.
- Add the cream, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil and simmer, reducing until it is thick, about 8 minutes or so.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy! Pass the grated cheese on the side.