Montana Heart Song's Note:
I found the best chicken & spinach sausage and we love bow tie pasta and I came up with this recipe. You can substitute any sausage and use frozen chopped spinach if you like.You can also substitute cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken-spinach sausages, casings removed & diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 1In stockpot add water and 1 tblsp olive oil.
- 2When boiling, add pasta.
- 3In frying pan, add 2 tblsp olive oil, add sausages, chopped onion, garlic italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar. Saute until onion, sausages and garlic start to brown.
- 4Turn heat to simmer.
- 5In separate bowl, add tomato soup, basil and half and half. Wisk to mix.
- 6Cook pasta until ala dente, about 10 -12 minutes. Drain in colandar. Save 1 cup water.
- 7Add margarine back into stockpot, add saved water, add drained pasta,toss to mix and kept on warm heat.
- 8Add salt and white pepper.
- 9Add tomato cream mixture to frying pan and mix, do not boil, low heat until everything is hot.
- 10Pour over hot pasta. Toss to mix.Pile in a large pasta bowl and serve.
- 11Pass the preferred cheese as individual topping for each serving.
- 12Note: The chicken spinach sausage is located in major national chains, this sausage contains asaigo cheese and spices. in it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Tie Pasta With Sausage, Spinach, Tomatoes & Cream
Serving Size: 1 (894 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 935.0
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 1503.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: