1/3 Photos of Bow Tie Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper and Cream Sauce
From a recent issue of Cooking Light Magazine. Great veggie dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 3Add bell peppers, cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in vinegar, cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates.
- 4Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- 5Place bell pepper mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Return bell pepper mixture to pan, cook over low heat until warm.
- 6Combine half and half and tomato paste in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Stir in ground red pepper.
- 7Combine pasta and bell pepper mixture in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup cheese, tossing to coat. Spoon 1 1/3 cups pasta into each of 6 bowls, top each with about 1 1/2 Tbs cheese.
- 8Garnish with basil if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Tie Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper and Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 1057.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.7 g