Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a recent issue of Cooking Light Magazine. Great veggie dinner.
Make and share this Bow Tie Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper and Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add bell peppers, cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in vinegar, cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- Place bell pepper mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Return bell pepper mixture to pan, cook over low heat until warm.
- Combine half and half and tomato paste in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Stir in ground red pepper.
- Combine pasta and bell pepper mixture in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup cheese, tossing to coat. Spoon 1 1/3 cups pasta into each of 6 bowls, top each with about 1 1/2 Tbs cheese.
- Garnish with basil if desired.
This was a really tasty and easy to make sauce that add a little something special to our dinner. I didn't have any 1/2 and 1/2, so I used 1 c of evaporated fat free milk. I used the jarred peppers, but can see how it would be much better if you used freshly roasted peppers. I served over packaged goat cheese ravioli. I think the sauce would have been better over plain pasta or ravioli with a more substantial filling. The sauce really overwhelmed the taste of the ravioli.
Hi smiles4u, Thank you, for posting this wonderful recipe! I roasted my own peppers and tomatoes I ran out of tomato paste and DH added more Red Pepper flakes and followed the recipe otherwise I used Butternut Squash Agnolotti this was huge flavour. I have put this in my Dinner Party Cookbook and we can hardly wait to make this again the taste is exceptionally fabulous just plain excellent just can't say enough!
Wonderful flavor! I am dairy intolerant, so I omit the cheese and make a mock cream with 4 tbsps tofutti better than cream cheese, 4 tbsps plain soy yogurt and 1 c. chicken or vegetable stock, heated through in a saucepan until completely incorporated, adding it in last. I don't blend the sauce in a blender