Recipe by mailbelle
Bowtie pasta in a garlic tomato cream sauce with diced bacon.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Excellent, easily and quickly prepared, and delicious, makes an excellent mid-week supper. I didn't have bow ties, so used small lumache shells, which held the sauce nicely. Lovely recipe, mailbelle, made for Think Pink recipe tag game, October 2011
- 226.79 g bacon, diced
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 793.78 g can Italian plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 354.88 ml whipping cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 340.19 g bow tie pasta, cooked
- 44.37 ml minced fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet over medium heat cook bacon, pepper flakes, onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender and bacon is done, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta. Add lots of Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with parsley.