Recipe by mailbelle
Bowtie pasta in a garlic tomato cream sauce with diced bacon.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Excellent, easily and quickly prepared, and delicious, makes an excellent mid-week supper. I didn't have bow ties, so used small lumache shells, which held the sauce nicely. Lovely recipe, mailbelle, made for Think Pink recipe tag game, October 2011
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet over medium heat cook bacon, pepper flakes, onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender and bacon is done, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta. Add lots of Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with parsley.