Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Bowtie pasta in a garlic tomato cream sauce with diced bacon.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese
- In heavy skillet over medium heat cook bacon, pepper flakes, onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender and bacon is done, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta. Add lots of Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
Excellent, easily and quickly prepared, and delicious, makes an excellent mid-week supper. I didn't have bow ties, so used small lumache shells, which held the sauce nicely. Lovely recipe, mailbelle, made for Think Pink recipe tag game, October 2011
this has become my favorite pasta dish. it's easy and always comes out great. i have made it for dinner for friends several times and everyone has loved it. i take out the bacon for vegetarian friends and it's still good. i also like to add mushrooms to it. thanks for the recipe!