Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Four ingredients to a quick, healty pasta dish. Perfect for picnics, potlucks, or week night dinner.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 10 ounces jar pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. While pasta is still warm, add it to the chicken and toss thoroughly.
- Add entire jar of pesto sauce and toss to coat. Add the walnuts and toss once more.
- Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
How could it get any faster and better than this? This summer when my garden is abound, I'll be making FRESH pesto with my overflowin' pasta bed. Made for 1234...december tag and so... glad I did... this is a keeper, kelbel.
Really good, DH liked this a lot as well
mmmm mmm mmmmmm!! simple, easy and sooooooooo yummy! i found a similar recipe on foodnetwork about a year ago for a cold salad, it was without meat and for some reason i was craving this pesto/chicken dish tonight. your recipe was the easiest, less ingredients and still yummy dish. I didnt use bow tie i used the cork screw pasta and i used roasted pine nuts instead of walnuts. You know maybe some fat free feta would have been good in it now thinking about it?! hmmmm maybe next time!! in any case it was a GREAT meal! i boiled some asparagus spears and used a ciabata bread smeared with butter, pressed garlic and parsley for a nice garlic bread on the side. WOW...when i can imagine doing a snow angel in my food its a definite keeper! thx :0)