Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from caters for " Fire house B-B-Q"
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 head garlic
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh basil
- 1 lb Italian sausage (hot or mild)
- fresh parmesan cheese
- Pre-cook the sausage (Pan-fry,bake,etc.) cut into circles or semi-circles.
- Chop garlic; put into a large measuring cup.
- Chop basil and add to garlic.
- Add a little salt and pepper before covering the garlic and basil with olive oil.
- Put measuring cup in refrigertor.
- Boil pasta, rinse and drain.
- Toss with sausage and oil mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- If pasta is too dry, add more olive oil.
- Stir in Parmesan Cheese and enjoy.
This was good. However, I would saute the garlic before using it. When it's raw, it tastes bitter to me.
Good, fast and easy -- even though I decreased the garlic a tad. We served this with a tossed green salad for a simple supper. Thanks for sharing!
This was awesome!! If you love garlic this is a must!! I didn't change a thing. This is a keeper in this house, Thanks Barb Gertz ; )