Recipe by AmyZoe
I substituted some sausage links for the ham and green beans with almonds for the peas. I also used whipping cream instead of half-and-half. This was an easy recipe that is also quite good. Recipe courtesy of All You April 2014.
- 12 ounces dry bow tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, chopped
- 2 cups peas (frozen)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces deli ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes or as package label directs.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add leek and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and half-and-half and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ham. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Add pasta to skillet along with cheese and toss to coat, adding cooking water as necessary to moisten.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan on the side.