Recipe by susie cooks
This is easy, light and delicious! I served it with sauteed spinch with al ittle garlic and lemon. Wonderful!
Top Review by Soobeeoz
Just finished eating this and it was delicious. I went to the supermarket planning to buy dried oregano and picked up everything but, so I used a few small squeezes of an Italian mixed herb paste I had in the fridge and I added some dried chilli flakes. I also added freshly grated parmesan after trying the pasta, and I think it definitely enhanced it. Was going to stir fry some chopped red onion along with the garlic, and probably will next time. Great recipe that was very much enjoyed by all. Will definitely make it again soon. Thanks. :)
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute, but do not let brown.
- Add toasted pine nuts.
- Add spices and stir.
- Add tomatoes and olives and saute for about 3 minutes, until heated through and softened.
- Pour sauce over pasta and top with Feta cheese.
- Cover for a minute so cheese and flavors meld.