Recipe by PJ Funnybunny
This recipe is yummy, yet lower in calories than most pasta dishes. Our family loves it. Fast and easy. You could make the sauce ahead early in the day, reheat on low and add more stock if the sauce it too thick.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces spicy sausage, skin removed and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken stock, cold
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, thinly sliced, cooked
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in serving bowl.
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil and saute garlic and sausage for five minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
- Add olives and red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl combine stock and flour until smooth.
- Add to sausage mixture and simmer until just slightly thickened, approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over pasta.
- Garnish each serving with parsley.
- If you don't like spicy leave out red pepper flakes and use a sweet sausage.