Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a low fat version that tastes just as good as the original.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups bow tie pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups uncooked vegetables (broccoli, carrots, sweet peppers etc)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a 2 quart saucepan stir together flour, salt, pepper, milk and chicken broth. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until mixture is thick and bubbly. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. After approximately 6 minutes, add vegetables and allow to cook for 3 minutes longer. Drain.
- While sauce and pasta are cooking, cook garlic and seasoned chicken in skillet on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Combine chicken and sauce with pasta and veggies. Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese.
This is an awesome recipe!! It's super simple to make and tastes great. I did a few things differently: I minused the salt (due to diet restrictions) and added 1/4 tsp. red pepper also my sauce wasn't thickening so I added 1 T. cornstarch and it thickened right up. Thanks for posting...I can't wait to make this again!!
Excllent recipe! My husband really liked it. I used all broccoli for the 2 cups of vegetables. I also added an extra clove garlic & about 2 tbls. olive oil in pan with the chicken. I added 1/3 of a yellow bell pepper, diced; 1/3 of an orange bell pepper, diced & about 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms to the chicken about 1/2 through cooking. I used all of the 10 oz. can chicken broth I had, so I used an extra 2 oz. milk & 2 extra tbls. flour, which gave me more sauce for the extra vegetables I added. I will definatly make this one again!! Thanks Ceezie!