Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although this serves two, it can easily be adapted for more. Garden fresh and quick to make. From Bride and Groom: First and Forever.
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- kosher salt
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 14 medium asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, mince
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, preferably parmigiano reggiano
- 2 ounces boursin cheese, garlic and fine herbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper, plus more as needed
- fresh flat leaf parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Put the pine nuts in a dry small skillet over medium heat. Shake constantly until evenly toasted on all sides, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill a large saucepan three fourths full of water. Bring to a boil over high heat and add kosher salt. (about 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt per quart of water). Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook until tender-crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain the pasta and asparagus, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Set the pan over medium heat and heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and lightly brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the pasta and asparagus to the pan, then add the reserved cooking water. Add the tomatoes (if using), Parmesan cheese, Bousin, dill and the 3/4 teaspoons lemon pepper and toss to combine. Stir in the pine nuts. Season with kosher salt to taste and more lemon pepper if necessary.
- Divide the pasta between 2 bowls and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
DIVINE! I didn't have lemon pepper so used 2 ts lemon zest. Herby and lemony, great set up for the asparagus.