Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The first time I tried this was at a Pot Luck luncheon at my office. What a hit - delicious and fresh. Best served at room temperature.
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, farfalle
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, I prefer white balsamic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place lentils and water in sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for 40-45 minutes, until tender. Drain and chill.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente - drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine lentils, pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Chill for 1 hour to let flavors blend. Take out and let stand at room temperature before serving.