1 hr 40 mins
Golden Sunflower's Note:
The first time I tried this was at a Pot Luck luncheon at my office. What a hit - delicious and fresh. Best served at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, farfalle
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, I prefer white balsamic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Place lentils and water in sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for 40-45 minutes, until tender. Drain and chill.
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente - drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3In a large bowl, combine lentils, pasta and remaining ingredients.
- 4Chill for 1 hour to let flavors blend. Take out and let stand at room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Tie Pasta Salad With Lentil and Apple
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.5
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 274.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 12.1 g