Recipe by noway
Now that the weather is getting warmer, I find myself looking forward to pasta salads and melon. Why not combine the two? One of my favorite pasta salads from BHG "Fresh and Simple Pasta Pronto". Swiss cheese can be substituted for the fontina.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Very nice salad for a hot summer day. I used honeydew melon. Had to use mixed greens, as there's no watercress available at our local grocers. I wasn't sure whether to use a creamy based dressing or not. I chose a non creamy variety such as Recipe #44420. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
- 354.88 ml dried bow tie pasta
- 473.18 ml cantaloupe or 473.18 ml honeydew melon, chunks
- 236.59 ml fontina, cubed
- 78.07 ml nonfat poppy seed salad dressing
- 14.79-29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 473.18 ml watercress, stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse well.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, melon, and cheese. Combine salad dressing and mint; pour over pasta mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Add watercress to pasta mixture just prior to serving.
- For a pretty presentation, pasta salad may be served in melon shells :).