Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy summertime pasta salad! Very versatile and the kids love it. Can be eaten warm or chilled. If chilling, add bacon bits when serving or else they will become mushy. You can change up the veggies as you wish and add it whatever strikes your fancy. Also easily altered for number of servings.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta (or any smaller shaped pasta)
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- bacon bits (optional)
- Bring pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook until almost done. Add frozen vegetables and heat through. Drain.
- Combine in large bowl pasta mix, cucumber, olives and dressing. Mix well.
- Top with bacon bits.
I made this with whole wheat penne. It is really good although next time I would add some red pepper flakes to spice it up for our tastes. I added two cans of olives by accident but loved the result. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2008.