Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Will have two new students in Sept.'08. They are both vegetarians. So I'm putting together easy cassaroles that I can make for them. This one came from two other cooking web sites. I took what I liked from each and added my own touch. The red sauce that I used for the recipe is Vegetarian Marinara Sauce. you can choose your own but this was very good.
- 1 large red onion, cut into eight pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into eight pieces
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch swiss chard, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked al dente, drained, rinse with cold water and drained again
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together.
- Place on roasting pan with sides. Roast about 30 minutes until veggies begin to brown. Toss 2-3 times while roasting.
- When done place in a casserole dish along with the swiss chard, pasta, and cheese. Toss together gently.
- Add your favorite red sauce and combine.
- Spread out evenly in casserole dish.
- Bake 20 minutes.