Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Bow Tie Pasta in an Asiago Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces grilled chicken breasts
- 3 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 purple onion, chopped
- 5 -6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- grill chicken breasts in olive oil.
- brown bacon in same pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- chop and saute the onions.
- tear the procetto.
- make the white sauce:.
- cook the butter and flour over med-low for 5 minutes continually stirring.
- heat the milk and microwave and add to butter and flour, cook until smooth and thick.
- add the cheeses, salt and pepper, onions, procetto, and chicken.
- cook until the cheese are melted and the ingredients are combined.
- boil water for pasta, add salt.
- once boiling, add pasta.
- cook pasta as directed on package (about 10-12 minutes) then drain.
- return pasta to pan and add cream sauce.