Broccoli, edamame (soy beans)celery and onions cooked, added to bow tie pasta. Tuna or crab can be added if desired. Can be served cold or hot.
- 473.18 ml dry bow tie pasta
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 473.18 ml edamame, with pod shelled or 236.59 ml edamame, shelled
- 473.18 ml chopped celery
- 78.07 ml melted butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 0.59 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 3.69 ml salt or 3.69 ml salt substitute
- 22.18 ml tone's dry dry buttermilk
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 177.44 ml ranch dressing (optional)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Cook bow tie pasta until ala dente,drain.
- In same pot cook broccoli, shelled edamame, celery in 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
- In small bowl, mix butter or margarine with curry powder. Whisk well; set aside.
- Pour pasta into round large baking dish.
- Toss with butter or margarine mixture. When you do that the dish is also greased.
- Add cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Mix dressing in bowl with whisk.
- Add dressing and mix with pasta vegetable mixture.
- Note: Use Ranch dressing and add to mixture if you wish. DO NOT USE BOTH.
- Add optional drained chunk tuna or lump crab meat if desired.
- Add cheese over the top.
- If you want to serve hot, cook covered 375°F for 30 minutes.
- To serve cool, cover for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Note: I take 1 cup cook broccoli florets and put them on a cutting board and chop fine and then add in to the pasta. It makes the color of the dish and the dressing really beautiful and appetizing.
- This is a meal with hot crusty garlic bread or buns.