Recipe by ARathkamp
This dish was inspired by a dinner at a golf country club. The menu was a "create your own" pasta bar and this recipe is the closest I can come to replicating that dish. Serve with some warm garlic toast and a salad.
Top Review by Cassidy K
I was surprised by how good this was. I expected it to be fairly bland and vegan foodish, but it was very flavorful and satisfying. I was also surprised by the amount of butter called for, I halved it. I doubled the artichokes. But it turned out perfectly, we could have this every week.
- 1 (10 ounce) box bow tie pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced (I like to use a garlic press)
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in accordance with the package and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, in a wok or large skillet , heat olive oil.
- Saute peppers and asparagus until almost tender (about 7 - 10 minutes).
- Add shallots, garlic, and artichoke hearts and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add butter, wine and cooked pasta. Toss to coat and warm through about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve in a large pasta bown with fresh shaved parmesean cheese.