Recipe by Kim1
I have found that you can use this as a main dish or a side dish it good both warm and cold. I added a cook time but that is mainly for the cooking of the chicken. Enjoy
Top Review by Shae
Hubby and I really enjoyed this dish!! I am not quite sure if it came out exactly the way it was supposed to because in step #5 it said to add the broth....."lemon juice"....BUT there was no mention of lemon juice in the ingredients, only lemon pepper seasoning. I emprovised and used a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice. I didn't have any peas on hand either...but used a frozen "baby asparagus/carrots" blend and it turned out WONDERFUL!! Leftovers were yummy for lunch the next day too!! :)
- 4 2⁄3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, stir fry chicken with garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth, peas, carrots, cream cheese and lemon juice to the skillet. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta, chicken, salt to vegetable mixture. Heat through.