Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Light & Tasty. A creamy, healthy and quick one-dish meal. I think I use a little more lemon pepper seasoning when I make it, but have not noted it on the recipe, so adjust according to taste. Alson tastes great with a little white wine added to the sauce - maybe 1/2 cup chicken broth plus 1/2 cup white wine....or is good as-is - whatever you prefer.:)
- 4 2⁄3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth, peas, carrots, cream cheese and lemon juice to the skillet; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta, chicken and salt to vegetable mixture; cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
My teen daughter loves this recipe. We are eating it as I type this. My son, dislike vegetables. So, we will see how he likes the taste minus the vegtables. I just garlic power versa real garlic and can sweet peas and can carrot slices.
I didn't care for the sauce. It tasted like mayonnaise to me.
A good quick and easy dinner. I didn't have peas & carrots so I used frozen broccoli instead. I also added corn starch to thicken the sauce a bit. Nice tasty dish - will definitely make again!