Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Bow-Tie Cheese Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jartomato basil pasta spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded italian six blend cheese (Italian six-cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Place pasta and chicken in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over med-high heat.
- Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil, decrease heat to med-low, and gradually stir in cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Stir cheese sauce into pasta mixture.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Top with pasta sauce, and sprinkle with Italian cheese blend.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.